Monday, June 10, 2013

Sewing Sunday

So on Saturday, the kids were gone almost all day at 2 different birthday parties. It still rained, but they were able to have plenty of water fun.

Sunday I started and finished a few different sewing projects. Some of the moms at swim practice have these fabulous bags made from a tough polypropylene:
Tough Bags
And I noticed one day that our Chicken feed bags were made out of the same type fabric. It's tough like a tarp. So instead of throwing them out, when they were empty, I repurposed them into these fabulous tote bags that will hold up really well to the sandy, wet demands of summer! It was easy peasy.


I also wanted to try my hand at sewing swimsuits for Sarah. I took one of her favorite suits and traced it out to make a pattern.

We tweaked it a little, and his is what we ended up with.  I was only using what I had on hand, so I didn't line it and it could have used a little wider elastic, but overall, not too bad!

Now, we're going to try to find some Zebra striped Spandex to make a zebra suit to match her favorite swim cap. She wears it to practice so much, the coach calls her Zoey Zebra. She likes that.

I also finished up the boat seats for Pete since one of them was totally destroyed and he had a charter today. The one on the left doesn't have the foam inside it, but it's showing the backside with the zipper and the snaps. 


I felt very accomplished today!


No comments:

Post a Comment